The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake and serve as the framework for the NPHPS instruments.
Public health systems should:
1. Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8. Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Ripley County Health Department is committed to promoting public health and enhancing the quality of life and safety for all Ripley County residents and visitors by preventing, planning, and protecting against disease and injury.
Ripley County Health Department is a highly utilized and trusted leader offering multiple public health services to better support and prepare our community.
Efficiency - We provide accurate, timely and quality services through individual efforts and teamwork.
Integrity - We act fairly and honestly with the public and one another while being accountable for our actions.
Teamwork - We work together responsibly as a unified team for the mutual benefit of the community through constant sharing of information, resources and ideas to achieve a common goal.
Leadership - We creatively and proactively apply the most advanced approaches to achieve constructive results in Public Health. Solution-orientation - We take the initiative to provide expertise and action to be a part of the solution.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
The Ripley County Health Department targets the following three priority health issues as part of its strategic approach to achieving its mission and vision:
Access to Care